Fujifilm X-E3

FujiFilm X-E3 with a red anodized aluminum shutter button

The Fujifilm X-E3 is the third Fujifilm camera I’ve bought, and the best so far.

 

Table saw cart — completed (for now). That’s another job finished. As I hoped, the dust collection seems to work well. I also made a zero clearance saw blade insert for the saw. +1

Building my table saw cart. One-minute read, +4

New workbench storage — I have finally updated the storage area above my workbench. There used to be five plastic cat litter boxes on the shelf. I made these five wood boxes in an afternoon, so the finish isn’t furniture level, but they fit the space well and look much better. +2

Hitachi C10FR Table Saw — My next project. It’s a very well-used worksite jobbing saw I’ve had for a few years. I’ve spent time setting it up, so it is accurate enough for my purposes. However, it is time to make some improvements. I’m going to replace the base with a wheeled cart with adjustable height to match my workbench. The saw sprays sawdust around when it is running, so, most importantly, I’ll be adding dust collection. +1

Hibiscus — Hollywood. Our hibiscuses have generally been a bit ‘Meh’ this year, so this one stood out. The blue tinge is due to reflected skylight, not coloring.

Doorstop — another test shot to get a feel of the workflow with the new storage and table.

Knife — A quick test of the new photography table. Jim gave me the knife a few months ago, I’m not sure where he got it from. It’s more for decoration than anything else. It’s very heavy and made, I’m told, from surgical steel. I suspect it’s from India (the maker’s mark has been removed). The piece of driftwood was sent to us by a friend of Ginger’s in Sweden. It was washed up on the Baltic coast and is amazingly lightweight.

Set up for a quick test — I used a small hand-held fill in light for the test pictures. It has finely adjustable color temperature and brightness.

Sparkle Zone Storage Center, Stage Two, almost complete — Some final adjustments to the bottom doors to be made. There is still some minor work and finishing touches to be completed. Apart from that, all done. +5

A costly mistake… At $70 per door, and I ruined two doors before I realized my error. I forgot to allow for the Inset panel (at 3/16-inch) when selecting screws to mount the doors on cross braces. That brings my ‘Cock-up Account’ up to $200 in a couple of months (don’t ask).

Sparkle Zone Storage Center, Stage One, almost complete. Now for the fiddly bit of the end panel and the ‘fill-in’ panels. That big gap — that’s a special space, and will be Stage Two!

It fits — Carcasses fitted to the wall, this, and fitting the doors is the easy bit.

Will it work? Dry fit. Just eyeballing it to make sure we like the use of space, and checking I hadn’t messed up my size calculations.

Boxes — I was going to custom build the Sparkle Zone Storage Center, but we realized we could save a lot of time (but not $$$ — the doors alone were nearly $700) by bringing in ready-made units. I volunteered my friend Tom and his pickup to help me collect the boxes and the large 8ft by 3ft end panel. The truck’s bed was full to overflowing.

An empty wall equals storage potential. Recently we’ve been on the lookout for more storage space. We have also been looking for somewhere with space, that we can use for small product photography. The south facing windows of the ‘Sparkle Zone’ offer good light and, we realized, space for storage of our photography gear — and more.

Morning sunlight in the workshop. +1

Workshop Bling — I finally got around to adding some drawer pulls onto the drawers in the workshop/garage.

Rumpled — I loved the play of light, how the duvet mimics the shapes of two people lying back-to-back, and the stories implicit in the folds and wrinkles of the duvet and sheet.

Hall Closet #2 finished — well, except the wall still needs patching and repainting.

Stained, ready for varnishing.

Scroll to Top