Breakfast in America has over 1,300 posts (July 2019) and covers a time-span of over sixty years. Even I find browsing around it a bit daunting at times. To make things easier I’ve collected what I think are the key topics of interest into albums, I’ve also tried to standardize how the posts are ‘tagged’ and I’ve added a timeline menu option, where everything is arranged by date. How everything is organized is subject to my continual tinkering. It’s a bit like maintaining the Forth Rail Bridge or the Golden Gate Bridge — a never-ending task.
Here are some pointers for looking around.
Looking for Something Specific?
Try the search function. It works surprisingly well and I use it all the time. Just click on the magnifying glass icon. Just to make life easy you can also use the search field below.
- Use the menu (at the top of each page) to find the things you are looking for. The menu organizes the content into Albums by popular (for me) topics, my favorites — overall and for each year — and by year (Timeline).
- Click on a picture to see a bigger version and most times there will be additional notes about it.
- At the bottom of each post, you’ll see three ‘related’ posts that some clever software decided have similar content (do not fear they are links to posts on this site and not clickbait to other sites). Most often it produces spot-on results, and occasionally I look at its selection and exclaim “What?”
- Below the ‘Related Posts,’ there is a list of the Topics that the post is filed under and a list of the ‘Tags’ the post is tagged with. Clicking on either will bring up a list of all the posts in the same topic, or tagged with the same tag. Provided I’ve been consistent with putting my posts in the right category and tagging them this works very well.
How I am currently organizing the various posts. This is most definitely work in progress and will change over time.
Here are some of the more popular (most used) tags.
365 Days 365:2011 Artificial light At Home Available Light Backpacking Black and White Busiek State Forest and Wildlife area Camping Christ Episcopal Church Church Daily Life Days Out DIY Family Family Event Fujifilm X-E2s Fujifilm X-E3 Fuji FinePix F30 Gary Allman Gary and Ginger Ginger Allman Hercules Glades Wilderness Hiking Idling Lakes and Creeks Lanie Missouri My Favorite Pictures Nature Nikon D40X Nikon D7000 Our Cats Outdoors Ozarks Ozarks Walkabout Piney Creek Wilderness Portrait Portsmouth UK Relaxing Self Portrait Springfield MO UK UK 2014 US
- At the very bottom of each page, you’ll find a list of the most recent posts, and a menu you can use to access the posts in any given month.
Pictures/Posts By Month
This is a recent change, so I’m still in the process of going through and updating the hundreds of existing links, but typically you’ll find four different types of link. You can tell what type of link it is by the icon that follows it. None of the following links go anywhere (admit it, you tried one just to check).
I recommend having a browse through the Albums menu or try picking a year from the Timeline and then following through with the tags or related posts if something of interest pops up.
Don’t Miss Out, Sign up to be told when there is a new post
You can sign up to be sent an email whenever I write a new post — which is handy because a lot of posts I write are in the past and so do not show up in the recent post list, which is a list of the most recent posts, chronologically.