Mar 13, 2022Last set of shelves

Last set of shelves – Fitting them was not easy… Copyright © 2022 Gary Allman, all rights reserved.

We finally got around to fitting the last set of shelves bringing an end to all the major work on the Utility Room Project for the moment. The delay was caused in part by problems with the paint, and in the greater part by my reluctance to do the job because to get them fitted we had to take down one of the tall wall units. Those things are big and heavy, and I wasn’t looking forward to refitting it.

The job went fairly well with only a small amount of cussing as we lifted the cupboard carcass and finagled it back into place.

I still have a fair bit to do, but it’ll keep while I finish off some other projects (like my backpacking gear closet) and get the last of our planned storage closets built.

Outstanding work to do here includes,

  • Fill and paint all the holes I made in the walls when I fitted ledger boards to hold all the cupboards up as we installed them.
  • Kickboards to be fitted.
  • Baseboard trim fitted.
  • Counter tops.
  • Build a unit to hold dirty washcloths and a space for a cat litter box.

Copyright © 2022 Gary Allman, all rights reserved.

Comments

Scroll to Top