Is to convert this lot into a new front deck
Fortunately, I had a lot of help, as it involved digging 10 post holes and a lot of assembling. With Ginger’s dad, Jim doing most of the ‘heavy lifting,’ my job was to cut everything up, move it, and hold things while they were assembled.
This what it was supposed to look like
And this is how it turned out
If you are wondering why it isn’t all decked, that’s because there is a shortage of lumber at the moment, and I haven’t been able to buy all the decking I need. There’s also another platform still to be added.
It may not look too complicated but there was quite a lot to it, and only a couple of modifications to the plan were required as we went along. Below is the framing plan for the complete project. Now I know exactly where the lower platform sits, I can finish working out how best to put it together (once I’ve bought some more lumber).
Thanks to Jim’s help and experience we got a lot done in a couple of days. Now Ginger is forming plans for landscaping the front yard which was all torn up by the Bob-Cat that broke up and removed the old concrete step. We have two big trees to have taken down before we do any landscaping. We hate the idea of getting rid of them, but one is unsafe, having been damaged in the ice storm in 2007, and the other dropped a big limb a year ago, just missing the house, and it drops loads of gumballs which are a huge mess, not to mention, a big slip and trip hazard.
Copyright © 2020 Gary Allman, all rights reserved.