This is one of those lists of things you should do / have done.
1. Started your own blog – Duh!
2. Slept under the stars – All the time when I can.
3. Played in a band. – Does working the mixer, providing sound effects and being a roadie count?
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower – My last one was the Persiedes on my second night with Ginger. August 2007.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity – No to my shame.
7. Been to Disneyland/world – Not one I want to do either. Sorry.
8. Climbed a mountain – A few big hills though.
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped – Think I might pass on this one.
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea. – long time ago when I had a yacht.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch – Drawing
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning. – After a British Airways flight from Mumbia (India)
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train – Hyderabad to Bangalore (India)
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill – Only once in my working career.
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping – Just try and stop me.
27. Run a Marathon – I’d like to try maybe a tenth of one?
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse – France 2000. I want to see more.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run – Not my idea of fun
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community – I’ve seen lots of buggies, does that count?
36. Taught yourself a new language – Does pidgeon Italian count?
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke – On about the second or third day of a new job. Surprised I made it to the fourth day.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight – Often, but almost always on my own.
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted. – My recent nude.
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain – With Ginger on June 22.
53. Played in the mud – What kid hasn’t.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie – Tommy, along with most of the students in Portsmouth.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business. – Four so far.
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching – This is a must.
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving – No, and this one is not on my list…
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy – Being shipped to the US right now.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job – Not so far.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper – I’m sure this has happened but I can’t remember. Been in quite a few trade mags.
85. Read the entire Bible – getting pretty close.
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox – Yes and I was thirty something at the time.
89. Saved someone’s life. – Twice. I pulled someone from a building that was on fire; restarted a girl’s breathing.
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one – Parents, Grand parents, aunts and uncles.
94. Had a baby – I contributed towards two. Does that count?
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee.