I have no idea what we are going to do, all I know is:
- I’ve got to take down the ceilings on the upstairs and downstairs hall – we have a three (American) two (British) story house.
- Takedown the wall to my workroom
- Takedown the ceiling in my workroom
- Knock out the front wall and get a new door and windows fitted
- Jack-up the first-floor stairs (or replace them) and replace the ground floor floor
- Re-wire the electrical connections to every floor
- Re-fit new ceilings and walls
- Get this lot and the kitchen plastered
- work out how to replace the crap stairs and banister + do it
- The whole lot to be completed with minimal sub-contract labour by end August 07.
Oh and still hold down two jobs (and Flickr)
Hindsight: my life was about to change in ways I couldn’t begin to imagine. The work did get done. Fourteen months later it was all finished. By then my life was very different.
Copyright © 2007 Gary Allman, all rights reserved.